How well do you know our region’s landmarks and popular destinations?
1. The Egyptian Theater is located in which city?
A) Rockford B) Janesville C) DeKalb
2. The Eternal Indian statue by Lorado Taft (informally dubbed “Black Hawk”) is located in what county?
A) Ogle B) Rock C) Lee
3. John Deere invented his self-scouring plow where?
A) Lena, Ill. B) Grand Detour, Ill. C) Mineral Point, Wis.
4. Rock Cut State Park is located inside what Illinois city limits?
A) Machesney Park B) Loves Park C) Rockford
5. Camp Grant was an important Army training camp located where?
A) Just outside Rockford
B) Just outside Janesville
C) Just outside Caledonia
6. Activist and 1931 Nobel Peace Prize winner Jane Addams attended college where?
A) Beloit College
B) Rockford Female Seminary
C) Highland Community College
7. In which of these cities is the home of the 18th U.S. president located?
A) Dixon B) Freeport C) Galena
8. The Coronado Performing Arts Center is among the most beautiful vintage movie palaces in the country and features an atmospheric ceiling. When was it built?
A) 1917 B) 1927 C) 1937
9. The mailing address of Edwards Orchard (East) is what town?
A) Caledonia B) Winnebago C) Poplar Grove
10. Beautiful Rotary Botanical Gardens features 24 garden styles. Where is it?
A) Dixon B) Janesville C) Freeport
11. Music by the Lake is a popular summer concert series held at George Williams College of Aurora University in what Wisconsin community?
A) Lake Geneva B) Williams Bay C) Fontana
12. This charming home was built by a Rockford mayor.
A) Briggs Mansion
B) Lincoln-Tallman House
C) Tinker Swiss Cottage
13. This elegant home was built by a founder of the barbed wire industry.
A) Ellwood House Museum
B) Lincoln-Tallman House
C) Oscar Taylor House
14. The Summerfield Farm & Zoo is located near what city?
A) Rockford B) Belvidere C) DeKalb
15. Old Settlers Cabin stands near the Rock River in what city?
A) Dixon B) Oregon C) Byron
16. Where is the Logan Museum of Anthropology located?
A) Rockford B) Rochelle C) Beloit
17. In what Illinois county do Jane and Homer “live”?
A) Stephenson B) Boone C) Winnebago
18. Which of these was designed by famous landscape architect Hoichi Kurisu?
A) Rotary Botanical Gardens
B) Anderson Japanese Gardens
C) Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden
19. If you sail on this lake you might see Black Point Mansion.
A) Delavan Lake B) Geneva Lake C) Pierce Lake
20. If you are in beautiful Mississippi Palisades State Park, you are in what county?
A) Carroll Co., Ill.
B) Grant County, Wis.
C) Jo Daviess Co., Ill.